Skip to main content

Smart phone app and disaster

 I already wrote about following in some place.
 And, I also wrote this in japanese first. Because, I wanted to know about this for japanese engineers.

 Many of u know the earth quake in japan, it was occurred one years ago. And, many of online services was developed or tested for such kind of disaster attacked.  Before the earth quake, I had claim weak buttery on smart phone. In the place where is attacked by disaster, it needs more than one weeks for recovering the infrastructure. However, current mobile phone especially mobile phone can be used only half day to 2 days. It is not enough in such situation. It is enough to call at least one know person. It is one opinion. However, in many case, it is also impossible to call one phone call to known person due to the network traffic jam.

On another hand, facebook tested a online service what we can tell our life through the facebook, when disaster will be happened. Well.... the last version of this service was needed to access to facebook. In the real place where is attacked by disaster, it is difficult to connect to facebook with 3G network. And this behavior will make bigger traffic to mobile phone network than phone calling.

I think it is enough to push only one button from smartphone app. This meaning is that facebook already separate messenger from facebook app. As this, facebook or someother web service provider can make independent application for there web services. And the button pushed will send minimum information to server using as sim id or phone number. My image is similar with "whatsapp". It is based on mobile phone number. But, the service should save the communication size. Yes, users must download the application before the disaster.

On another hand, the OS for mobile phone should be changed, too. I think mobile phone should have super power save mode. If i was in the power critical situation, I don't need to receive the phone call on demand. SMS, too. We just need to get there information as pull model. Current smart phones are attacking to mobile phone network with too much packets. In such critical situation, we don't want such a useful application. There application should be stopped in such situation. The scheduler in OS also need to changed for saving power.  I think this function is not used in usual situation. It will be needed in special situation. And, I think we should to keep mobile phone's turning on  as long as possible. If it is possible, then the service should accept from phone call from public phone. The earliest service was public phone.


Comments

One thing I bought in Akihabara that I thought made sense was a solar panel + battery that can charge any device over USB.
The device also contains a small pocket light. This way the mobile phone can stay active for a long amount of time.
daikihi said…
Aaaa, Yes, it is one solution. For the geek, to bring it is enough for us ^^
However, the smartphone is not only for geek people but also many other kind of people. From such view, I think the power save mode is another solution.

A have two kind of buttery chargers. One uses two rechargeable buttery. Another one is use man power. The buttery charger has a handle, and I need to move it for charging ^^;; Solar panel is more easy.... I will buy. ahahahahaha

Popular posts from this blog

gDisk 0.6.1

Today, I try to use new gDisk version 0.6.1. Before version, I cannot see what files are on the server side. But current version I could do it. I think it is better than before version and it began to useful for backup software. But it has one problem.... When I uploaded more than 10 files at same time, it was clash down. I try to do it at 2-3 times but result was same..... I think it is one of the bag or the documents said about it (Actuary I read no document about it for this version)

SSID in japanese?

Usually, we don't use japanese for setting to computer. Because, japaese needs at least two byte. Usually, many computer systems are designed for one byte. So, to use japanese in the system setting was not common way. If he is usual engineer then he will not set japanese for the setting to SSID. I was not do such a thing. Today, i read a tweet written by my friend. He wrote that he could see the japanese ssid from his house. I was really  suprized when i read it. So, I asked prof. Google about this ssid expression in japanese. So, it is  exist. Now, I had no wireless devces for trying it. But,it is so intersting thing for me.

Rail line history museum @ Shinbashi, Tokyo, Japan

   Several weeks ago, I found a history of rail line museum around Shinbashi station. I usually walk around that point on weekend. However, I walked 2nd floor at that point. And I did not know about a museum on 1st floor. Our weekend walking is changed from distance oriented to unknown load finding. We just enter a small street and then that small street connected new world.   Shinbashi is an important area for rail line in Japan. Because, Shinbashi started a history of japanese business rail line. The betting of business rail line started from shinbashi to yokohama at 1872. 9 trains on every day were operated at that time. It was needed 53 minutes for one way (it is needed 20 - 26 minutes, now). Average passengers were 4300 people per day. Bothe Terminal stations on that line required many functions, so both stations were not only passenger line station but also transportation base.   A function of main terminal of passenger station moved from Shinbashi station to Tokyo station 1914.